Our priorities spring from the Great Commission which Jesus gave to His Church: "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 28:19):
- Evangelize. The heart of evangelization is the cultivation of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ - nurtured through prayer, Scripture and Sacrament, especially the Eucharist, which is the fire that impels us to share our faith with the world.
- Strengthen faith communites at all levels - friends, families, parishes, schools, inter-parish, vicariate, diocesan - through prayer, resource allocation and the works of mercy
- Develop vocational and mission awareness at all levels through discernment, formation and empowerment
- Care of the poorest and most vulnerable - within and beyond our faith communities - at every stage of life, from conception to natural death
- Engage all diocesan agencies in support of the above, especially in parishes